Most things in your electrical system is built to last for a long time. The life cycle of anything in the electrical system is dependent upon 2 things.
- The quality of the product that is installed.
- The quality of the installation. (not all electricians make quality installations)
Due to this it is important to have your electrical system maintained to ensure it is operating safely and there are no potential dangers lurking in the wall or an expensive repair creeps up on you and catches you by surprise. The wiring in the home can heat up and when this happens the wiring expands after it cools off it contracts. This leaves for loose connections. In the electrical system loose connections lead to dangerous situations and costly repairs. With an annual maintenance you can head off the problem before it catches you by surprise.
During an annual visit you should have the following items performed:
- All of the connections in the panel checked.
- All of the smoke detectors tested
- All of the smoke detectors cleaned.
- All of the batteries in the smoke detectors replaced.
- Test all GFI’s for the correct functionality.
- Test all ARC fault breakers.
- Inspect the entire electrical system.